The answer to that question is, "it depends".
In order to calculate how much bandwidth is needed for streaming, we first need to know:
1. Will the streaming be live or on-demand (pre-recorded), or both?
2. Will this be for video, audio or both?
3. What is the maximum number of people (concurrent viewers) that will be viewing/listening to your streaming media at any given time?
4. How many times per week will you be streaming?
5. For how long will each streaming session be?
6. At what bitrate will you be streaming at?
When inquiring about how much streaming bandwidth you will need, or what plan will work for you, the above questions are what we need answered. If you know all of the above, or can give us a good idea on most of the questions, we can give you a range or tell you what plan may work best for you. Remember you can always upgrade your streaming media package.
To calculate your bandwidth needs, please vist our
bandwidth chart to determine how much bandwidth you will need.
Also, visit our
size chart to figure out approximately how much disk storage space
your pre-recorded (on-demand) audio/video streaming media will require.
Streaming is a complicated set up, on our part. In order for your streaming to work well, you must use high quality bandwidth. Yes, there are different types of bandwidth. We use only the best, Level 3 bandwidth, at Bummer Hosting.
In order to have a good stream, you will need high quality bandwidth. Keep this in mind when choosing a hosting company for your streaming media.
To see our streaming media plans, please visit our
streaming prices page.